Friday, October 28, 2022

Morning at the lighthouse

We went back to the lighthouse bright and early this morning. It was 15 or 20 degrees colder than yesterday, but it warmed up to the low 50s and the wind was light. There weren't many clouds and the light was just about the same as yesterday. We painted from the same area, but I faced away from the lighthouse and painted the rocks instead. The rocks here are so interesting! You can read about them on Wikipedia under Pemaquid Point Light.

Pemaquid Point rocks, oil on canvas board, 6"x8"

I am going to work on this a little bit more in the studio.

Here I am, bundled up for the chilly morning:


I'm having a great time! I have my sun hat on over my warm cap, that's why I look so goofy!

After going home for lunch, we went back to that great spot I painted at twice before.around the corner from our house. It was 2 in the afternoon, and we painted until 4:30. The sun goes behind the trees and the rocks lose the light. We will go back tomorrow to finish up, it's forecast to be a beautiful day! This is as far as I got, it's a pretty big canvas.


...to be continued, oil on canvas, 16"x20"

(click the pictures for a larger view)