Saturday, October 15, 2022

Long Cove

 Okay, it's been a few days - Thursday was super windy (I hate painting in the wind) and Friday was a torrential rain and wind storm that knocked our power out for about eight hours. Today I painted just a couple of houses down, looking back up toward the end of the cove. It was a gray day, with light to medium breezes, not too cold. The tide was coming in. I'm still not happy with what I'm producing. The light was changing a lot, as the sun peeked through every now and then, and when the breeze died down, the water became more mirror-like, then changed again as the breeze picked back up. My canvas was 12"x16", a lot of ground to cover in a big hurry. I got it all covered, but I will go back in and tweak it here and there in the studio. I still feel like it's a big mess, but at least I'm trying!