Thursday, October 20, 2022

Painting from indoors

Five days since my last painting! It's been windy, rainy, and gray, and that's been my excuse. Also had family here, and the time flew by. They left yesterday, but this morning was cold and windy and beautifully sunny. So I decided to paint the view from inside, which was one of the main reasons I chose this Airbnb - that view!!!

Those of you who would like to look on Google Maps, we are in Chamberlain, in Bristol, Maine, on the peninsula that has Pemiquid Light at the end. Our house is on the eastern side of the peninsula, near the top of Long Cove, on the east side, facing west across the water. The large living room windows face south, down the length of Long Cove. I like the house next door, gray with white trim. The light changed dramatically during the course of the painting, but I tried not to change the painting with it. I will tweak it later, because I'm not happy with that tree behind the house. I'll probably tweak the color of the grass in the sun, also.

oil on linen panel, 9"x12"


click the photos for a larger view

No comments: